Hello! I know I know, I’ve been gone from blogging for six looong days! I’m so so sorry! Our trip to LA was so action packed and fun I simply didn’t sit down in front of a computer even once!
Here’s a little sneak peek at what I’ve been up to since I last posted.
I’ve thought a lot about what sort of direction I want to see this blog take. There are many factors for me to consider but the most important ones are “what inspires me?” and “how much time to do I have available to put into blogging?”. I’ve come up with a workable list that really delves into what I want to see happening here in Motley Stew land.
Firstly, I want to see myself focus more on music and the DIY/Punk community I am a part of – so there will be more music reviews and news, band /label/venue/zine features, DIY/Craft/Zine making tutorials and Bay Area event listings.
Secondly, I will be opening my own Etsy.com shop in the coming weeks (more info about that later!) and want to use Motley Stew as a source of inspiration for that and as a place to share ideas.
Lastly, you’ve probably noticed that I haven’t been keeping up with my 30 for 30 challenge very well. I’m simply not very good at getting my picture taken. I’d like to see myself become more comfortable in front of the camera and putting more energy into style blogging. HOWEVER, I don’t plan to post daily outfits, just ones that I feel really represent my personality and inspire me creatively. I would also like to really promote aesthetics that I find inspiring – such as punk, metal, DIY, 70’s, vintage, Japanese street style, Victorian and sustainable/thrifted.
Here are some things I have planned for December:
- Holiday gift guides – starting Wednesday 12/1 – seven days of inspiration – each day with a new exciting theme!
- Hey! Thank You! feature with sculptor Derek Weisberg
- New Etsy.com store with vintage and handmade
- Thanksgiving weekend holiday/road-trip photos
- Weekly personal style posts
- Inspirations, wish-list and covetables
- Bay Area event listings
- Vegan Omnivore food posts – Holiday baking!
- Craft tutorials – mini zines, felt stuffies, paper goods and more!
- Monthly mix-tape feature that highlights music that I love and want to share with you.
- Tattoosday – where I feature tattooists, artists, shops and tattooed people that I find beautiful and inspiring.
- Fashion inspiration through the ages
- Thrift Score features – my thrift store finds!
These are just a few of the ideas I have planned for the month of December. I hope its piqued your interest a little because I’m rather excited to gear up and share some awesome things with all of you!